As the weather gets cooler, you might find yourself craving an unmistakably seasonal dish: a piping hot bowl of Broccoli Cheese Soup. Packed with flavor, easy on the wallet, and only four steps from start to finish, this Broccoli Cheese Soup recipe is perfect for quick lunches or comforting dinners. It also duplicates well, making it a natural choice for bulk meal planning. Check out the simple step-by-step instructions below!
• ½ cup butter
• 1 onion, chopped
• 1 (16 ounces) package frozen chopped broccoli
• 4 (14.5 ounces) can chicken broth
• 1 pound processed cheese (like Velveeta), cubed
• 2 cups milk
• 1 tablespoon garlic powder
• 1 cup cornstarch
• 1 cup of water
1. In a stockpot, melt butter over medium heat. Cook onion in butter until softened.
2. Stir in broccoli and cover with chicken broth. Simmer until broccoli is tender, 10 to 15 minutes.
3. Reduce heat and stir in cheese cubes until melted. Mix in milk and garlic powder.
4. In a small bowl, stir cornstarch into water until dissolved. Stir into soup; cook, stirring frequently, until thick.
Coming up with new meal ideas can be a challenge. Luckily, The Locale Apartments in Mission, Kansas makes it simple by presenting deliciously realistic options, such as this one!