If you’ve ever had curry, you know how rich and flavorful it is. Packed with tons of complex, earthy flavors, curry is a staple at Indian restaurants for a reason – it's delicious and can appeal to those with a wide range of dietary needs. Craving a bowl of aromatic curry? Try this Yellow Chicken Curry! This coconut milk-based dish gets its flavor from tender chicken in a fragrant sauce, which is then served over white or brown rice. Sample it once, and you’ll be hooked on this easy recipe!
• 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, chopped into bite-sized pieces
• 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
• 1 tablespoon minced garlic
• 1 small yellow or white onion, chopped
• 2 tablespoons yellow curry powder
• 1 tablespoon Thai red curry paste
• 15-ounce coconut milk canned, full fat
• ½ cup water or chicken stock (optional)
• 1 tablespoon brown sugar
• 1 teaspoon fish sauce
• 2 tablespoons lime juice
• Salt to taste
• Handful fresh cilantro roughly chopped
• 4 cups cooked white rice, for serving
1. Heat the oil in a large pot over medium-low heat. Add the onions and minced garlic and cook for a few minutes, until the onions are fragrant and softened.
2. Add the chicken and cook for 2-3 minutes, browning it a little. Then, sprinkle in the curry powder and add the pasta; cook for 3-5 minutes.
3. Pour in the coconut milk and let simmer for 15-20 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked.
4. Next, the water or chicken stock can be mixed in, depending on the consistency you want for the sauce. You can also let simmer longer to thicken if needed.
5. Stir in the brown sugar, fish sauce, and lime juice. Taste and salt, if needed.
6. Top with fresh cilantro and serve over cooked rice.
Master the art of cooking by joining The Locale Apartments in Mission, Kansas in learning brand-new recipes. Not only will you impress your family and friends, but you will also enjoy a wider repertoire of culinary favorites.